Monday, December 7, 2015

Today We Raced a Train


My buddy Josh, whom I met through my other buddy Brian (aka B-Hard), and I went on an Urban Assault fatbike ride on Sunday morning. It was pretty magnificent. Right out of the gates we were traversing a gravel road of ice, snow, wet, and mud. It runs along the railroad tracks through St. Louis Park and into downtown Minneapolis. When we entered the trail to the gravel road we noticed a light way back in the distance. Josh thought it might be an SUV, RR service vehicle of sorts. I thought it might be another bike with an awesome headlight. We were both wrong, which is cool, because it turned out to be a train, clipping at about 20mph...and when it caught us, it was epic for minutes. We were racing the train...and even though the train won, we were winners too. Who out there can say they raced a train on their fatbike? Am I right?

The ride was great. Urban Assault is so fun. Just go, figure it out as you go and eventually end up where you started. Great day, great memory, must do again very soon. And I'm checking the train schedule before we leave!!!

Obscure

No comments:

Post a Comment